Empowering the Next Generation of Global Leaders
The Advanced Advocacy Program (AAP) represents an innovative extension of the New Voices Fellowship, strategically designed to reinvest in emerging leaders who have successfully completed the New Voices Fellowship training. This program is dedicated to cultivating the next generation of global sector leaders, equipping them to tackle critical global challenges and drive transformative change.
The fellowship not only aims to build on the successes of five selected Senior Fellows, but by providing further support and resources, empower them to advance more strategic advocacy efforts in sectors such as health, education, and economic empowerment. By channeling their expertise into driving forward targeted advocacy initiatives, they will have the ability to make a profound impact on a global scale.
Applications open for the $20,000 New Voices Fellowship Advanced Advocacy Program
The Aspen Global Innovators Group is delighted to offer catalytic funding of $20,000 to 5 alumni of the New Voices Fellowship Program to advance their advocacy goals.
Deadline for applications: Monday 25 September, 2023
The Aspen Global Innovators Group New Voices Fellowship (NVF) is a vibrant community of 187 global advocates from 47 countries tackling some of the world’s toughest development challenges. Alumni of the program, known as Senior Fellows, are now invited to apply for a new Advanced Advocacy Program, generously funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, to advance their work.
The Advanced Advocacy Program 2023 is a pilot program that will provide tailored support to 5 Senior Fellows to achieve specific advocacy goals. It will include catalytic funding, tailored coaching and advocacy advice, introductions to funders, and support for travel.
The 5 successful candidates will receive a comprehensive package of support including:
- Catalytic Funding: Each selected Fellow or their organization will be awarded $20,000 to be used to support work toward their advocacy goal.
- High Level Coaching: Fellows will have access to experienced mentors for tailored coaching on ways to increase their visibility and influence.
- Advanced Monitoring: Dakar-based advocacy firm Niyel will provide regular advocacy support sessions.
- Monthly Virtual Sessions: Fellows will meet regularly with coaches and Aspen staff to establish their advocacy plans, set milestones, and work through challenges.
- Funder Engagement: Fellows will be introduced to aligned funders including relevant BMGF programs and program officers. Funds are available to support travel to at least one global or regional meeting, and to BMGF in Seattle.
To apply, please click here.
Applications are encouraged from candidates whose advocacy goals align with the areas described below:
- Sexual and reproductive health and rights/family planning
- Maternal, newborn, and child health, midwifery
- Vaccine delivery, particularly for childhood immunization and HPV scale-up
- Global health advocacy for systems strengthening and research and development for improved disease surveillance, women’s health services, neglected diseases investment, vaccine development, pandemic preparedness, and vaccine manufacturing.
- Women’s empowerment in health, agriculture, digital financial inclusion, economic empowerment, and macroeconomic policies.
- Agricultural development, climate change adaptation, and food security.
Timeline for the Program:
6 September 2023
- Applications open
25 September 2023
- Applications close
31 October 2023
- Final Five Fellows announced
November 2023 – October 2024
- One-Year Advanced Advocacy Program