Fellows in the News: Sept 2023
- Elmer Aluge, an Aspen New Voices 2022 Fellow, wrote for World Economic Forum, “How unleashing the power of data will provide health security for Africa’s displaced“.
- Mmaki Jantjies, an Aspen New Voices 2020 Fellow was named a “Top 6 inspiring women in STEM” by IT News Africa.
- Kevin Lunzalu, an Aspen New Voices 2022 Fellow, and his organization Kenyan Youth Biodiversity Network were one of the winners of the Inclusive GEF Assembly Challenge Program. He spoke at the awards ceremony in Vancouver, Canada.
- Shuchin Bajaj, an Aspen New Voices 2022 Fellow won Social Entrepreneur of the Year award for his efforts to “provides super-specialty tertiary health care at low cost to underserved communities.”
- Tian Johnson, an Aspen New Voices 2021 fellow, will be leading the Community Engagement & Advocacy component of a USD45 million grant from USAID to advance HIV Vaccine discovery in Africa led by the South African Medical Research Council